Never settle down with frozen fish sticks. Try this fresh, crispy baked fish. Perfectly baked to preserve nutrients and flavor. Pile vegetables over fish and bake. Any firm fish as tilapia, bass, grouper, mahi mahi will work. I made with all varieties. Cook up this quick and easy dish in 30 minutes.
If you are not a fan of the fishy smell, its ok. By marinating in lime or lemon juice and salt, get rid of fishy smell. Garnish with healthy condiments as lightly baked sliced green onion, onion and fresh bell peppers. Get away from frying fish mess. With fish dinner is never boring. It’s excellent for any busy weeknight.
Fish is the world’s best source of omega-3 fatty acids. To meet recommended omega-3 requirements, eat fish at least once or twice a week.
Fish protects from age-related deterioration. Age related cognitive decline could be related to grey matter in the brain. Grey matter is the major functional tissue in your brain. It contains neurons to process information, store memories. Studies have shown that people who eat fish every week have more grey matter.
- 4 - Fish fillets (Fish without bones)
- 1 tbsp - Oil
- 1 tbsp - fresh lime or lemon juice
- ⅛th tsp - turmeric - optional
- ½ tbsp - chilli powder
- ½ tbsp - fresh ground coriander powder. Roasting before grinding gives amazing aroma.
- Julienne cut spring onion or onion
- Julienne cut red and green bell peppers
- Marinate fish in ½ tbsp lemon juice, ¼th tsp salt and turmeric for at-least 15 minutes.
- Wash fish. Discard all the water away. Press with paper towel to dry. Place in a bowl.
- Add oil, salt, chilli powder, coriander powder and ½ tbsp lemon juice.
- Pre heat oven to 425º f.
- Place fish on baking rack. Bake for 30 minutes. If you see lot of water in fish tray, drain.
- Toss spring onion, bell pepper over fish. Bake for 5-7 minutes. Turn off oven.
- If you don't have oven, no problem. Take a wide pan. Pour little oil. Heat to low medium. Place fish, close lid. Cooking on low flame is the trick. Cook both sides for 3-4 minutes each side.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with rice. This dish goes excellent with rasam or sambar on the side.