Mixed drinks and cocktails which have extra ingredients as sodas, store-bought juices, sweet and sour mixes are bloated with calories of their own. These added calories can lead to weight gain. This skinny strawberry martini takes only minutes to make and contains just a fraction of calories. Masala peanuts are an excellent accompaniment to drinks. Peanuts are good sources of vitamin E, niacin, folate, protein and manganese. They help in coping with hangover. These relatively healthy drinks adds up fresh fruit consumption, vitamins while you have social fun. They can help you lower calorie and sugar consumption while keeping you hydrated.
Alcohol extremely dehydrates your body and you will need water that is lost when drinking. Drinking water will help drink less alcohol, which results in fewer calories being consumed. Alcohol also is harmful to your digestive system. Eat whole-grain, protein rich healthy snacks, dinner and breakfast to cope with hang over.
Make your drinks wisely by adding fresh juices, no-artificial colors, sodas and sweeteners.
Few fun facts about strawberries.
- We tend to think of strawberries as perennials but in fact they can produce for 2 to 3 years.
- There are three different types of strawberries : June-bearing, overbearing, and day neutral.
- Commercially the entire plant is replaced every year because the plants are most productive in the 1st year and the runners are time consuming to deal with.
- There are 200 seeds on an average strawberry.
- California produces 75 percent of strawberry crops in the U.S.
Lastly – Don’t ruin your healthy lifestyle with too much alcohol.
- 2 cups diced fresh strawberries
- ¼th cup - brown sugar
- 1 fresh lime or lemon
- 1½ cups ice-cold water
- Add brown sugar to diced strawberries in a mixing bowl. Keep aside for at-least an hour. Sugar binds with water in strawberries, eventually strawberries are sub-merged in sugar syrup.
- Blend strawberries till smooth. Add water, 1 tsp fresh lime juice and pulse couple of times to make sure they are combined well.
- Garnish with mint.
- Serve with masala peanuts