If you’re trying to lose weight or on nutritious diet, then fish is your best friend. The American Heart Association recommends that you eat at least 2 servings of fish each week. Fish is not just delicious, but it’s nutritious as well. Seafood is a rich source of protein, vitamins, Omega-3 and minerals. It’s a nutritious, exotic, low-calorie addition to any meal. Cholesterol content in fish is almost equal to red meat and poultry. However, the fat is mainly poly – unsaturated. The human body can’t produce omega-3, but yet they’re needed for a healthy body.
Even though eating fish can be good for you, not every fish recipe is good for you. Fried fish is usually full of saturated fat. Saturated fat is heart’s enemy, so you should limit in your diet. Finger foods as fish sticks, frozen and breaded fish tenders are high in bad fat and calories. Which lost all important nutrients.
Be careful when buying fish. Commercially raised fish may be an industrial pollutants havoc. Organic fish may be safe option. Local net caught fish are most nutritious. If you are the person who think fish capsules gives you omega-3 fatty acids, studies have revealed that capsules has toxic contaminants. Choose your diet wisely.
- 10 - Pompano fish steaks
- 2-4 tbsp oil
- Gravy ingredients
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 - 10 Green chiles depending on your spice level
- ½ cup - fresh coconut
- ¼th - ⅓rd cup - regular poppy or blue poppy seeds
- ½ tbsp - cumin
- Fresh lime juice
- Marinade pompano in little salt, fresh lime juice and optionally turmeric for atleast 15 minutes. This process will remove any pollutants and bad fish smell.
- After 15 minutes, wash fish thoroughly and drain water till dry.
- Roast poppy seeds and cumin till golden brown.
- Grind all gravy ingredients to paste.
- Add to fish and mix. Make sure marinade is rubbed all over fish.
- Heat cast iron skillet to medium. If you don't have cast iron, you can use thick bottomed pan.
- Add oil. Add marinated fish. Shallow fry for 5-8 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot with brown rice, quinoa.