A vibrant, crunchy, protein rich, light dinner or medium-sized snack. Smooth avocado with roasted red bell peppers, crunchy asparagus makes this dish a vivid delicacy. Those times when you don’t have big appetite for dinner or feel lazy to make roti, this dish serves your purpose. Usually I make this dish with left over avocado. When hot, with ghee this dal dish goes excellent with roti and rice. In the evening when it is at room temperature, eat with lettuce.
Whole fresh romaine lettuce from local market is so hydrated and fresh, you want to eat every day. It adds a vibrant crunch, vitamins to the dish. Choose crisp heads of romaine lettuce. Fresh Romaine lettuce is highly perishable. It can be stored fridge for 1-2 weeks. Place a piece of paper towel around to absorb excess moisture. This can prolong life for another week.
Romaine Lettuce transforms an ordinary dish to vibrant colored royalty with many health benefits. It helps in Weight Loss, Lower High Blood Pressure, bad cholesterol. Romaine lettuce is low in carbs, sugar and fat. High in fiber. You can eat all the lettuce while loosing weight.
- 4 Fresh crunchy Romaine lettuce leaves
- 20 asparagus
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2-3 avocados
- ¼ tsp grated ginger and garlic
- 1 tbsp - olive oil
- ½ th tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp roasted coriander powder
- ¼ tsp - fresh squeezed lime juice
- 5 sprigs cilantro
- Julianne cut bell pepper.
- Marinade asparagus and bell pepper in ½ tbsp olive oil, salt ¼th tsp chili powder, ¼ tsp coriander powder.
- Heat cast iron griddle. If you don't have cast iron, take any griddle.
- Heat to medium. Add marinated asparagus. Cook on all sides till soft and charred.
- Discard avocado seed and core into bowl.
- Add salt, remaining chilli powder, remaining coriander, lime juice, grated ginger, garlic and cilantro. You can press with fork and mix well or slightly pulse in food processor.
- Take a lettuce leaf, Place asparagus, spread avocado mixture. Top with red bell peppers.
- Serve immediately.