I found figs in local market for first time. They were so sweet. They were sweet enough to eat by themselves. After eating few, thought of making something out of it. I made Fig salad. I tossed kale, lettuce leaf, some left over butternut squash, pomegranate, pine nuts. Look for recipe here. I still had few left which are not ripe enough. I thought to make some thing with them so that I don’t have to eat non ripened ones by themselves. Went through my refrigerator. Found avocados and tomatillos. Hmmm… may be a dip???
I roasted tomatillos slightly. Cut 1/4th of red onion. Slit avocado. I always crave for some spice in every dish. I grabbed a couple of chillies. Cilantro is my all time favorite half spice. Yes half spice. I heard few people referring Cilantro as half spice.
- 4 medium sized tomatillos
- 3 avocados
- 6 figs
- 2 chillies
- ¼ of medium sized red onion
- 5 sprigs cilantro
- Cut tomatillos into quarters. Roast on a pan till soft. Let them cool.
- Make a slit around avocados till you feel seed. Pull both parts apart. Remove, discard skin and seed.
- Cut red onions into cubes.
- Place all ingredients in food processor. Pulse lightly, stopping briefly to see they are not mushy.
- Remove while it is still chunky.
- Serve with organic whole-grain tortilla chips.