Masala Peanuts!! An easy, healthy Indian snack, a great side to cocktails. Masala peanuts are such an easy and perfect snack with optimal crunch, spice, nutrition, and satisfaction. It will be ready in just minutes. When you are hungry on weekdays, when you want to keep a clean snack ready after school for your kids, when you have surprise guests, when you want to munch on vegan, vegetarian or gluten-free snack, when it is raining and you want to eat something, or in any other difficult situation, Masala Peanuts will rescue you.
In the 21st century, the first thing people can think what to eat as snacks are potato chips, Cheetos, or deep fried meat. Ideally, a snack should be low in calories, moderate protein, good fats, fiber and light in carbs/sugars keep you full and make you forget about the meal and offer you a great satisfaction. Meeting all these all these requirements is not possible with a whole lot of snacks. But worry not. Masala Peanuts is here for you. I use raw peanuts with skin to preserve fiber and protein.
I remember, my mom making spicy peanuts in my childhood days, for my dad as a snack for cocktails. And we get to eat too. I and my sisters used to fight for perfect colored and spiciest peanuts. What do you do the day you are bored with masala peanuts, and you can’t find a perfect healthy snack? You should find balance. If morning snack is low in protein, catchup in evening snack. If yesterdays snack is high in fat, low-fat snack tomorrow.
You will not find as many meatless, vegan, gluten-free snacks which are delicious. Whether you are an individual who wants to be on a healthy diet, whether you are a mother who wants to give clean snacks to kids, masala peanuts will work for you. If you love spice kick, add more spice. If you are making for kids, add less spice.
- 1 cup raw peanuts. Do not remove skin.
- 1 - 1 /12 tsp - healthy oils as coconut of olive oil
- Salt. Preferably kosher or pink Himalayan salt.
- ½ tsp - chili powder
- ½ tsp - coriander powder.
- Add 1 tsp - oil to a pan.
- Heat to medium. Fry peanuts till golden brown.
- When peanuts are well fried, add salt, chili powder, and coriander powder.
- Stir well. Turn stove off immediately.
- If peanuts become dry, add remaining ½ tsp oil. Peanuts should not be very dry. They should be slightly oily, but not excess.
- Stir well till spices and oil is well coated to peanuts.